In the January 2011 edition of AOPA Pilot Magazine, Craig Fuller, AOPA’s president, wrote: “What you will see from us in 2011 is a real effort to Rally GA. We don’t just want to watch for a turnaround, we want to do everything we can to make it happen!”
To make it happen, AOPA became Women of Aviation Worldwide Week’s Silver Sponsor by sponsoring the trophies and plaques for all the 2011 competitions:
- Most Female-Pilot-Friendly Airport Worldwide
- Most Dedicated Woman Pilot Worldwide
- Most Supportive Male Pilot Worldwide
- Most Dedicated Female Flight Instructor Worldwide
- Most Dedicated Male Flight Instructor Worldwide
- Most Unusual Introductory Flight Worldwide
- Most Creative Aviation Advocate
In addition, AOPA is offering unique prizes to some participants of Women of Aviation Worldwide Week:
- A Ladies Pedre-Triumph AOPA Collectible Watch for the woman to solo after taking her first flight during Women of Aviation Worldwide Week
- A Ladies Pedre-Triumph AOPA Collectible Watch for the winner of the Most Dedicated Woman Pilot Worldwide award
- A Men’s AOPA Zulu Time Watch for the winner of the Most Supportive Male Pilot Worldwide award
But that’s not all, AOPA is also sponsoring 3 cash prizes (one $100 USD Cash prize and two $50 Cash prizes) through a random drawing opened to pilots who introduce 5 or more girls or women to flying during Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week.
AOPA is not just the largest aircraft owner and pilot association in the world, it is also a true leader in aviation, and in my book, the Most Women Friendly Aircraft Owner and Pilot Association.
Thank you AOPA for your generous support of all the Women of Aviation Worldwide Week participants who are committed to increasing the population of women pilots through their own actions.