Become an iWOAW Ambassador
Do you enjoy meeting others and find yourself regularly attending industry events and online forums? Do you want to advance gender balance on a regional scale? Are you engaging and friendly, yet professional? If so, becoming a volunteer iWOAW Ambassador could be perfect for you. We are looking for men and women who strongly believe in our mission and initiatives, and who will have fun in this role.
iWOAW Ambassadors spend the majority of their time interacting with our exiting allies and engaging potential supporters, in person and online. Their primary task is to build awareness and foster support for iWOAW’s mission and initiatives in their region.
Sound like you? Read on then contact us.
- Engage with prospective and existing iWOAW supporters in a professional and friendly manner
- Attend industry and academic events on behalf of the iWOAW Outreach Team
- Conduct webinars and speaking engagements on behalf of the iWOAW Outreach Team
- Promote iWOAW at events and on social media networks in coordination with the iWOAW Outreach Team
- Help onboard new iWOAW supporters
- Post regional information in the iWOAW online community
- Help improve and develop iWOAW initiatives
- Assist with localization projects
Skills & Qualifications
- Current or retired aviation/aerospace professional
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written & verbal
- Friendly, energetic, outgoing and comfortable engaging with new people in various settings
- Ability to gather feedback and provide valuable insight in an effort to improve outreach strategies
- Good computer & social media skills
- Knowledge of local aviation and aerospace industry
- Knowledge and understanding of iWOAW initiatives, platforms, and philosophy (training will be provided where required)
- English or French required. One additional language preferred.
- 10 or more hours a month
- Free iWOAW subscription upgrade (fan or supporter) or extension (organizer)
- Free iWOAW shirt
- Reference letter (minimum one year of service required)